These apply to page type Survey, where each field has a type, a name and possible values. Responses are sent via e-mail if an address is provided, as well as stored and visualized.
Page types Feedback and Resume use the same form engine, and responses are collected the same way, but those forms can’t be modified.
Some older browsers might not support all field types. Unsupported field types will be shown as single-line text fields instead, so they are still useful.
Also note that numerical ranges can also be negative and are rounded to 5 significant decimals.
- Single-line text: One line of arbitrary text
- Multi-line text: 4 lines of arbitrary text
- Phone number: One line of text interpreted as a phone number
- E-mail address: One line of text interpreted as an e-mail address
- URL: One line of text interpreted as a link to a Web site
- Password: One line of text shown as “*”
- Suggestions: One line of arbitrary text with a list of suggestions
- Verify: One line of text shown as “*”, that is checked against a list of allowed values
- Barcode: Scans a barcode (only works in a wrapper app)
- Option list: A set of choices shown as a dropdown list
- Option list multiple: A set of choices shown as a multi-choice list
- Option buttons: A set of choices shown as radio buttons
- Number: A numerical value (start, end and optional step)
- Number list: A numerical value (-“-) shown as a dropdown list
- Number list multiple: A numerical value (-“-) shown as a multi-choice list
- Number buttons: A numerical value (-“-) shown as radio buttons
- Number bar: A numerical value (-“-) shown as a slider
- Checkbox: A single checkbox
- Date and time: Sets date and time in ISO format
- Date and time (local): Sets date and time in ISO format
- Date: Sets date in ISO format
- Month: Sets year and month in ISO format
- Week: Sets year and week in ISO format
- Time: Sets time in ISO format
- Color: Visual selection of color
- File upload: Uploading of an arbitrary file
- File upload multiple: Uploading of multiple arbitrary files (max 100)
- File upload camera: Uploading of a picture from the camera or the album
- Current date and time: A constant field with the current date and time in ISO format
- Current date: A constant field with the current date in ISO format
- Current time: A constant field with the current time in ISO format
- Current location: A constant field with the current geographic location as “latitude,longitude”
- Current tracking code: A constant field with the current tracking code
- Current user agent: A constant field with the current user agent
- Static title: A static title for a form section/field group
- Static text: A static text, e.g. explaining a form section/field group
- Separator: Separates different sections of the form
Values are entered after the name and a “:”, like: “name: values”. Values are comma-separated. Spaces are optional.
- Option types and Suggestions: list of values (alphanumerical; no default, shown in the order entered)
- Number types: values for start, stop and optional step (numerical; default: “1, 5, 1”, that results in the choices 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
The other field types don’t have any values, just a name.
You easily duplicate values via copy/paste.