A simple iBeacon-compatible advertiser that can be used in place of a hardware beacon when evaluating beacon scenarios.
How to use
- Possibly select a UUID other than the default.
- Click “Generate IDs” to generate Major ID and Minor ID.
- Tap “Advertise” to start advertising. Tap again to stop.
- Ensure that you have Bluetooth activated on your device.
- Please note that the app needs to be in focus (visible) for it to advertise.
- Changed IDs take effect when advertising is started.
- Chosen IDs are saved persistently.
- This app doesn’t replace hardware beacons in live installations.
- Older Android phones and versions didn’t support BLE advertising, even when they supported BLE as such.
- The app is also available for evaluation on iOS (iPhone 4 or newer).