Based on this QR code from a “pasta in a cup” from Knorr:
- Using plain black on white without embellishments, to maximize readability and user recognition.
- Explained what is “behind” the QR code, but not the actual intention with it (a la bait and switch). See below.
- Pixels/modules are quite small, at the limit of some phone cameras.
- It’s rather complex due to an unnecessarily long URL: https://knorrsnackpot.com?utm_source=OnPack&utm_medium=QR&utm_campaign=SNACKPOT. The “utm” names are used by Google Analytics and others, so there’s logic to it, but they could have been hidden behind a redirect URL, or a script that would generate the “utm” tags.
- When you enter the contest you realize the prizes are quite inexpensive, and it’s really about capturing e-mail addresses for sending out marketing information, as you have to approve that.